If You are a Customer of CSI Financial Services LLC dba ClearBalance a Class Action Settlement May Affect Your Rights. ClearBalance services loans made to finance medical expenses.
A State Court authorized the Notice. You are not being sued. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
Deadline to Submit a Claim Form
Deadline to Exclude yourself from the Settlement
Deadline to Object or Comment on the Settlement
Final Fairness Hearing
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against CSI Financial Services LLC dba ClearBalance (“ClearBalance” or “Defendants”) for a data security incident that occurred between March 8, 2021 and April 26, 2021 when unauthorized users gained access to the email accounts of two ClearBalance employees most likely from a successful phishing attack (the “Data Security Incident”).
- The lawsuit is called Ivo Kolar v. CSI Financial Services LLC dba ClearBalance (Case No. 37-2021-00030426) (the “Action”) and is pending in the Superior Court of the State of California in the County of San Diego. The lawsuit asserts claims related to the Data Security Incident. The Settlement does not establish who is correct, but rather is a compromise to end the lawsuit.
- Your legal rights are affected regardless of whether you act or do not act. Please read the Notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||This is the only way you may receive benefits from this Settlement. The deadline to submit a Claim Form is November 24, 2022.|
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE SETTLEMENT||You will receive no payment, but you will retain any rights you currently have with respect to Defendants and the issues in this case. You may download an exclusion form by clicking here . The deadline to exclude yourself from the Settlement is November 9, 2022.|
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT||Write to the Court explaining why you do not agree with the Settlement. The deadline to object is November 9, 2022.|
|ATTEND THE FINAL APPROVAL HEARING||You or your attorney may attend and speak about your objection at the Final Approval Hearing. The Final Approval Hearing will be held on January 20, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.|
|DO NOTHING||You will not get a benefit from the Settlement and you will give up certain legal rights. You will remain in the Class and be subject to the Release.|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice. For complete details, please see the Settlement Agreement, whose terms control, available on the Important Documents page of this website.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. No Settlement benefits or payments will be provided unless the Court approves the Settlement and it becomes final.